Alright SO we left off yesterday and I was in a funk a lunk between the whole shibang this weekend with my friend and then my ex-client call I was just emotionally spent. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers regarding my friend and her family, I KNOW they will appreciate it.
I got to bed early last night after helping Van learn what a computer was (does anyone else's parents not know what "backspace" means..) and when my alarm went off this morning at 5AM I was ready for spin. or was I...
Do you ever have one of those days where all of a sudden it's like 11AM and you're like uuuh what happened today.. Like you've been sleeping or just SO out of it that you can't even recall it being a day..
Well that's been my day so far.
Spin was not bad! It was hard to get my heart rate up for some reason, and a lot of people were MIA due to Yom Kippur but I felt good starting the week off right. Then I lifted some killer weights, which I may or may not be feeling still now..
shoulders, chest & tris
- upward row into shoulder press:
- elbow out extension: 3 sets 12, 10lb free weights
- stability ball pushup and knee tuck: 3 sets 12, bodyweight holy hell these are a killer.
- front dumbell raise, palms IN: 3 sets 12; 8lb free weights
- tricep v-rope pulldown: 3 sets 12, 40lbs
- stability ball chest press: 3 sets 12, 15lb free weights (30lbs)
And that's a wrap. P.S. I'm feeling the wrath of the knee tuck pushups as I type.
I thought about my breakfast throughout my ENTIRE workout. why?
I felt the challenge and was curious like a cat after reading about Jenny's Protein Oats fail. After much consultation with the PB&J wizard and the correct way to assemble them I manned up last night and gave it a whirl.
The how-to of overnight microwavable protein oats:
1. Mix a serving of your protein powder of choice (mine was EAS Vanilla Whey) with 1 cup of water. Shake and put to the side
2. Assemble oats. In mine: 1/2c Country Choice Organic Multigrain Hot cereal (you asked? love love love love! found at TJs!) + 1/4c canned pumpkin, LOTS of cinnamon and some p-pie spice and a little fine alot of stevia.
3. Pour the protein mixture into your oats and stir. don't worry if it's OVERLY liquidy and the oats sink to the bottom. It will be fine I promise!
4. seran wrap it up and go to sleep!
5. Next morning: wake up, stir, put in microwave for 3 minutes.
6. When my bowl came out I added MORE cinnamon duh and I chopped up an apple and threw that in there, I mixed it around and placed it BACK in the microwave for 30 seconds.
7. Took out, burn your hands on hot bowl & add nut butter of choice. I added 1TBSP of Better N Peanut Butter,
8. enjoy and relish in the fact that you made damn good protein oats.
After savoring EVERY last bit I showered and went to work. same old same old. After work I ventured off to find the PB2 store that I creeped out online yesterday. The GPS guided me correctly and as I rolled up I realized wow this town is empty. Why? Well because people are celebrating Yom Kippur and all the stores are closed. fail.
By the time my Australian tour guide got me home I was hungriz.
not as thick as yesterday, BUT equally as delightful and refreshing.
Paired with a protein muffin and a slosh of Better N Pbiz and it was scrumtulescent.
For some reason this just did NOT hold me over in the least bit and about 10 minutes later I was feenin for some snackage.
bring in the staple go to food of choice.
did you guess right?
mmmm hmmmmy lover = popcorn + stevia&cinnamon. it's like candy I swear.
I should get some schoolwork I mean blog reading done.
I've got a BUSY week up ahead! Back to my friend's father's wake tonight and then the funeral early tomorrow morning. No classes tomorrow BUT off to the sister's volleyball game in the city tomorrow night. Then Wednesday I've got work and school work, Thursday I've got school and Friday I've got work and I'm off for a little roadtrip with Deej until Saturday night! woo hoo!
Have you got anything BIG planned for this week? see above haha.
pray the salsa Gods let me win this one.