yesterday at work my coworker was walking around with a cup full of blackberries. i stole one from her and it reminded me how much i really do love them. i popped another one in my mouth and dreams of blackberries haunted me the rest of the day.
last night on my way home from work as per mentioned i stopped at the local grocers to get eggs. what i didn’t mention was that of course eggs were not the only thing i picked up. well the blackberry gods must have read my mind because they were on sale for $.99 a pop.
after seeing erica parfait it up every weekend i knew the only way to celebrate the end of d-free week was to parfait it up.
batteries not included.
go big or go home right?
as i built my blackberry parfait, van comes into the kitchen. he looks at my creation and goes “holy crap take a friggin picture of that”
van. you bet your bottom dollar i will.
don’t drool! you can make one too :) 1 cup fage greek yogurt, 1 1/3c puffed wheat cereal, 3oz fresh blackberries & 1/2tbsp naturally more. layer to your liking and voila!
this baby clocks in at: 325 calories, 3.2g fat, 47g carbs, 29g protein.
you best believe i’ll be clearing house on those blackberries the next time i’m in the grocers. aka today?
prior to my beautiful breakfast i hit the gym this morning for some light cardio + chest & triceps action.
i actually used a new cardio machine today! it looked somewhat like a spaceship and the foot holders looked like moon shoes. it’s actually called the precor amt & you can find some fun information about it here.
it looked like this (minus the cool tv because $30 bucks a month gym membership does not get you personal tvs in your cardio machines around here)
i did 40 minutes at resistance 10 on this guy and gotta say it was awkward at first but i didn’t hate it!
chest & triceps
- alternating sets: barbell chest press (3 sets 12) 30lbs & tricep dumbbell skull crushers (3 sets 12) 15lbs. i also kept my feet in the air to engage my core during the chest press.
- alternating sets: twisting standing chest press (3 sets 12) 25lbs & tricep dips (3 sets 15) bodyweight
- alternating sets: overhead vrope tricep extension (3 sets 12) 35lbs & bench pushups (3 sets 15) bodyweight
- pectoral press machine 4 sets
gah! i was tired when this was all doneskies!
i spent the rest of the morning slash mid morning doing some work on the computer, making deejy breakfast & washing my hur. oh the stressful life.
whilest doing my blog creepin thang i came across naomi’s tuna melt. i immediately knew what was on zee menu for zee lunch.
i mixed up a 2.7oz can of tuna with spicy dijon mustard, 1tbsp fage 0%, garlic powder & pepper. slapped it in a joseph’s lavish wrap with a laughing cow, some tomaters & spinach and sprinkled a healthy dosage of nutritional yeast on top. let it get all melty on a pan and called it a day.
naturally i had a “side salad” of roasted veggiez (eggplants, shrooms, b sprouts & zukes)
all togetha now!
food baby and all it was time to get to work. i put my game face on and pounded out 86.5% of one of my final essays. only stopping for ladies room, drink, & eventually mid afternoon snack time.
or as we new yawkers like to say. “cawfee ice cream”
aka: 3/4c chilled decaf coffee, 1tbsp mrm metabolic whey protein powder, 5-6 ice cubes, stevia & cinnamon, 1/2tsp each guar & xanthum gumz. parfait-ed out with 1/2c puffed wheat & 2tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder for dustage.
eventually deej summoned me and we needed to do the usual costco thang a rang. i agreed under one condition.
we hit up the best diner on long island.
and she agreed. mom’s are the best, no?
we started with the ever so fancy pants pickles appetizer.
i’ve got a pickle, i’ve got a pickle, i’ve got a pickle. hey hey hey hey!
the second course came in the usual hasty diner style pace & enjoyed an omelet for the second night in a row.
i got the vegetarian omelet with egg whites & lettuce and tomatoes instead of home fries with a side of very expensive steamed broccoli.
the broccoli averaged out to be about a dollar a stalk.
rip. off. i shoulda known.
alright beauties i’ve got an appointment with my pillow and an early morning lower body workout! gotta get my gadunk or lack there of in ship shape for summer! ya hurd?
side note: the two flirters from the gym are so getting their workout on outside of the gym. she was wearing teensy spandex today and they were sharing flirtatious words by the rack of barbells.
some fun things for your enjoyment:
- if you love accessories check out my friend’s new jewelry line! she’s based here in new york and up and coming. her stuff is amazing and super eclectic! check her website out here and show her some love!;)
- if you can decide what to listen to but you know your mood then you’ll love this free music site!
- free sample alert! true lemon products if you wanna dabble ;)
- check out health magazine’s “new superfoods” list. beer? yes pa-lease!
1. do you like blackberries? or raspberries? strawberries? what’s your favorite “berry”? i’m totes on a blackberry kick right now ;)
2. what’s your go-to diner order? i’m all about the binner at diners. and if it’s not gonna be binner then it’s totes gonna be something greek-ish. like a greek salida.
3. what are your go-to accessories? i’m in love with belts! and i always wear my tiffany’s butterfly necklace that deej & van got me for college graduation. i’m pretty basic when it comes to accessorizing. it’s all in the shoez ;)