let’s talk about “the fight”
no no no i’m not talking about fights you’ve been in with your sig others. although..
nah. that’s for cawfs tawks.
i’m talking about the fight you have with yourself in regards to going to the gym.
we all have it. don’t lie. just raise your hand if you had it today, yesterday, tomorrow, next tuesday..
i have it, on the daily, i do! don’t be fooled, i have a fight with myself every morning. every damn time my alarm goes off and the house is so quiet. and jenna is still sleeping and even the dog is sleeping. yet i’m up.
whine to ask myself.
“because you’ll feel good afterwards julie!”
“but it feels so good right nowwwww”
“shutup julie. whining is so not attractive, and might be contributing to the reason why you’re fighting with yourself about the gym and not your significant other about the fact that he leaves coffee spoon stains on the counter..”
although i do imagine that being a future argument with my non existent sig other
anyways. what i’m trying to say is that motivating yourself to workout is friggin 2/3 the battle.
and for the past two days, actually getting myself to workout has not been easy. i can’t pretend that i didn’t sit in my car for two days straight thinking about how much i would love to turn the car on and drive home.
but i didn’t.
i imagine how much better breakfast tastes when you eat it schweaty and i atleast go in a give myself the chance to get motivated.
yesterday it was great. i started off sloth like on the elliptical, then gaga came on to tell me about her poker face and 45 minutes later i was sweaty, motivated and ready to pump some iron.
today? today i felt lazy. i tried to convince myself “i’d go later” but i know myself. if i don’t do it first thing. i’m never going.
so i went. and 350 calories & a half-asked legs workout later i was “cool with” giving myself the chance to sweat it out.
that’s a lot of words. i don’t blame you if you didn’t read them ;)
20 lazy minutes amt trainer resistance
- weighted step ups 3 sets 12 each leg (holding 20lb dumbbells each hand)
- barbell squats 3 sets
|barbell weight (45lbs?)||20 reps|
- reverse lunge & leg lift 3 sets 15 each leg (holding 10lb weights)
- wall sits 4 sets @ 1 minute each
single set: weighted calf machine 3 sets 15 (75lbs)
- jump rope 1 minute
- stability ball hamstring curls 3 sets 20 (bodyweight)
single sets; donkey kicks 3 sets 20 each leg (8lb weight in leg)
for the record. the jump roping was not jump roping. it was more like try to keep the rope from getting caught in your 10 inch feet and 8 inch ponytail for 1 minute…
i guess i won’t be competing in any double dutch competitions in the near future.
when i left the gym, i left hungry. hungry hungry hippo to be exact.
the solution to it all:
egg whites & overnight cooked oatbran with better n peanut butter & jelly
i think actually i’m not really sure but what the point is that i’m trying to make is that yes it’s hard to get to the gym sometimes, and no not every workout has to be balls to the wall, some weeks we’re tired, some weeks we’re the hulk, some days yoga is the perfect workout, and some days 60 minutes of spin is just not enough. whatever you can do, is just enough, as long as you’re happy. and if you’re happy, well then i’m happy.
did that make sense?
this post is way too wordy for a friday. i' apologize to my sincerest sense.
- what are your solutions for getting yourself motivated to workout? do you usually cave in or go? for me working out in the morning helps a lot. it’s so early that i rarely have time to think about copping out. but on the days i have off and nothing scheduled for the rest of the day, i find it so much harder to motivate myself. plus i’m seriously lacking in a planned workout schedule as of late so it’s been kind of a “fly by the seat of your pants” type workout, which aren’t always optimal for motivation.
- what are some of the weird and silly fights that you get into with your significant other? the kind that afterwards you’re like “uuuh i can’t even believe i bitched at him about that..” single girls don’t have that problem ;) although i did bitch at my dad about leaving his coffee milk out to sour. does that count?
tgif! happy friday lovers ;) catch ya on the flip and STAY COOL this weekend!