raise your glasses!
there’s much cause for celebration today.
first and foremost i finally got to turn in my starbucks birthday drink card
mr, barista man, make that a venti decaf americano with sugar free hazlenut.
thank you kindly & happy birthday to me...a few days late.
and do you see that id card sitting next to my birfday drink?
well yesterday was the last time i had to swipe that baby to get into the doors of baruch.
next tuesday i’m submitting all of my work for both classes. certify mailing my thesis. and taking a nice loooong and deep breathe.
only one quick 4-week online class left and then miss julie over hear has a masters of public administration in her pawz
the second glass you must raise is to my quick-on-a-whim protein iced coffee i threw together this morning.
steps to on-the-go protein success:
1. take a very sweaty 6am spin class, be very glad you pushed yourself to go, and even gladder you wore a tank top and spandex because the spin room felt like a bowl of pea soup.
2. think to yourself...”hmmm could this experiment i’m about to attempt really work?”
3. throw a serving of your favorite protein powder in a ziploc baggy and store it in your purse for a rainy day
(i packed a serving of mrm metabolic whey in vanilla)
4. stop at a 7-11 on your way to work and fill a big gulp cup with a beastly amount of columbian iced coffee.
you know what your doing.
for the record, is it ‘stealing’ iced coffee if you use a big gulp cup because the only iced coffee cup sizes they had were smaller and you knew you needed a bigger cup for your protein experiment. so you filled up a big gulp cup, and took a big gulp when the cashier assumed you had soda in your cup and charged you $1.24 instead of $3.24?
does that make me a bad person...
5. put your protein powder in your blender bottle, pour in your iced coffee from 7-11, and add a splenda or three if you have a major sweet tooth like this girl does
5. don’t forget to chuck in the cute little wire ball that comes with your blender bottle!
7. shake, shake, shake!
...keep shaking! get the powder to dissolve. don’t worry it will.
and the people at red lights might just think you’re doing something naughty. but it’s worth it.
8. take a sip.
9. squeal with excitement!
“it works, it works!”
10. guzzle down your protein iced coffee, and relish in your “ugh i drank my quick & easy breakfast numero one way to quick” belly ache. and get pumped for breakfast round two which will come in the peanut butter & jelly on ezekiel toast form.
being wrong never felt so right.
reason number three to raise your glass
...and whatever glass that may be...
and why you’re all probably here...
the winner of the about time protein powder giveaway, chosen by random is...
bum bum bum...
# 185 Susan P.
“I would love try the birthday cake flavor! and I'd love to see more oatmeal recipes because thats what i would do with the protein powder”
congrats Susan! shoot me an email at juliegoleanATgmailDOTcom with your shipping info and we’ll get you your winnings asap! thanks everyone for playing.
can you believe it’s already 3pm and i’m just getting away for a little work break now? phew! time flies when you’re having fun, no?
better get crackin on some thesis work before getting back to the office. tonight is a much needed vegetation night.
i’m out like kraut!
love to love you <3
cawfee tawk! have you ever ‘stolen’ something without the real intention of stealing something? kind of like my iced coffee this morning? what did you do? did you feel bad? i didn’t feel so bad! i’m a frequent flyer there and the 7-11 worker technically saw me filling a big gulp with iced coffee but he didn’t say anything! hey!if they had bigger iced coffee cups i would have used them! so not my fault, right?