hello hello hello!
i hope everyone’s had a good start to their week.
bikram + nightly foam rolling has been the solution to my back problems, so i’m doing just dandy.
every night i trot my little red foam roller down the stairs, park my butt on the den floor (right next to deej), put my husband right behind me (errrrr and by ‘husband’ i mean the tan pillow that’s shaped like a man’s arms but in no way is a man’s arms), put a chair on the elevated bricks in my den, and lay on the foam roller with my feet on the chair in the air.
when i get up i feel so glorious that i do a little diddly-doo dance all the way to bed.
this morning i was screaming for a good workout but i didn’t want to dive head first into anything too hardcore, so i listened to my body and came up with a pretty swanky recumbent bike workout that incorporated a little bit of schweat & a little bit of weights
grab some 5 pound dumbbells & give this 35 minute workout a try!
|9:00-10:00||cross-body air punches||7|
|10:00-11:00||pedal & keep consistent speed||8|
|11:00-12:00||pedal & keep consistent speed||9|
|12:00-13:00||pedal & keep consistent speed||10|
|13:00-14:00||pedal & keep consistent speed||11|
|15:00-22:00||repeat minutes 2-10||7|
|22:00-25:00||pedal & keep consistent speed||11|
|25:00-32:00||repeat minutes 2-10||7|
|32:00-35:00||pedal & keep consistent speed||12|
please do not be fooled by the 5lb weights. i swear to you will feel zee burn
after i was all good and schweaty, i took some time to stretch it out a bit and then beasted it home to avoid flooding traffic.
my usual en route to work was reduced down to one lane, much thanks to irene so i had no one to blame but her for my drinking & driving
vanilla almond milk, chilled coffee, vanilla ice cream protein powder, dry oats & oat bran, ice, guar gum, stevia & cinnamon
i even took my ice pack on the go, so i could be sure to de-flat my back strain on the way to work
talk about multi-tasking! my cold bevie + the ice pack on my back made for quite the commute
besides this quite fabulous recumbent bike workout i did this morning, i also wanted to share with you a pretty tasty recipe i came up with for some lean & mean lettuce wraps
i’ve been using the leftovers to throw in my salads for lunch at work which is just fine & dandy for me. less work and lots of protein. yes please & thank you!
lean & sesa’mean’ lettuce wraps
- 1-1.5lb extra lean ground turkey
- chopped vegetables of choice (i used orange, yellow & red mini bell peppers, mushrooms & tomatoes)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 T braggs liquid aminos (or reduced sodium soy sauce)
- half of a lime
- a pinch or two of chili powder
- ice berg lettuce cups
- trader joe’s raita dip (optional)
1. chop your veggies up ahead of time into thin slices (or really however you like them to be)
2. spray a pan (or if you’re a really cool married person and you registered for a wok and go one then you can totally use that, but for us single people we can use our not-so-cool $12 non stick marshall’s special pan) with non stick spray. then let it heat up and add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the pan.
3. add your ground turkey meat, and chop with a wooden spoon while its cooking in the pan to get separate into pieces. you can go ahead now and sprinkle your chili powder over the turkey meat to give it a little kick
4. when the turkey has browned a bit, add in your chopped veggies, another teaspoon of sesame oil, your soy sauce & squeeze half of a lime over the mixture.
please excuse the horrendous picture lighting. that biotch irene was on her way, and don’t we know it, she ruins everything.
anyways. let the goods sim-simmah, you can even put a top on it so the juices get all good and going.
5. prepare your lettuce cups, by finding the largest lettuce pieces that won’t fall apart. this is probably the most challenging part of the whole process.
6. finally when all is said and don’t put 1 serving (1/4 of the mixture) into your lettuce cups
7. and then lastly but certainly not least. to give it an extra boost of flav i topped mine off with a drizzle of trader joe’s raita dip to bring all of the flavors together
i had my lean lettuce cups with some barbequed sweet potato fries on the side. twas delicious!
i think this would also be great, in the future with some brown rice or quinoa on the bottom of the cups (note to self!)
don’t share the leftovers with anyone else. they don’t deserve it.
simply pack them up in a nice tupperware & enjoy for yourself the rest of the week!
alright back to the office i go.
love to love you <3
cawfee tawk! i’m on a ‘car budget’ right now, and yet i still need to maintain some beauty. what are you favorite beauty tricks with things that you have in your house, both me & naomi want to know!