side braid day!
for the past couple of months i’ve heard a lot about a lot of things
one being the whole foodie pen pal bandwagon shinanigans
i thought it seemed like such a fun idea, and so i figured what the heck let’s play in may!
first of all i want to say how incredibly amazing lindsay is for putting this together
i can’t imagine the amount of work that must go into this every month, spreadsheets & names & addresses & emails
anyways! this month was my first time and now that the cats out of the bag i was assigned to amy of fruit salad life a package
i thought because it’s s’mores & campfires & outdoor fun season that a cute little tj’s inspired campfire s’mores package would be a fun little treat
in the box went: graham crackers, chocolate spread, cinnamon sprinkles & a few other fun things
the reverse mode, stephanie was assigned to me!
i love getting surprise treats and i was so excited when i opened the box!
rye & oat bran crackers, chocolate covered espresso beans & more justin’s almond butter squeeze packs then a girl could possibly wish for
something else i attempted this month?
well i feel like i’ve been seeing this whole play with cauliflower in 1,000 different ways phase lately
nothing had really intrigued me to attempt until i saw lean body lifestyle low carb cheesy breadsticks
i mean come on who wouldn’t want to try these
lucky for me and you i had a little extra time on hand on saturday morning to give them a whirl
i had all of the required ingredients except the what? the freaking cheese.
what i did have on hand that i thought could be a potential swap was nutritional yeast
here’s what i did to make a solid attempt
- 1 head of cauliflower made into cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 cup of nutritional yeast
- oregano, italian spices, chili powder, salt & pepper
i combined all of the above in a bowl and formed it into a block on a sprayed piece of tin foil. i baked it for about 35 minutes at 450. and then attempted to flip it to cook for another 10.
- the taste was delicious like delicious. SO good that i will definitely be making it again
- if i had a little more patience i should have cooked it for way longer. probably closer to 45 minutes the first time around with no opening the oven door to check on it. then flip & cook for an additional 10
- it did break apart and was not really breadstick style…i imagine it being more like breadsticks with the actual cheese ingredient instead of the nutritional yeast (which i will be trying)
- this is good, low carb & protein packed (for those of you looking for something like this)
- that is all.
well there you go! may was good.
bring it awn june.
love to love you <3
cawfee tawk! what’s something new you gave a whirl to during may?