good morning friends!
i just got back from crossfit and my legs are burnin’ - check out today’s WOD
part 1: 4 rounds for time:
- 15 kettlebell sumo deadlift high pulls
- 20 walking weighted lunges
the RX was 55lbs for girls – i rolled with 45lbs and i think if i had a wee bit more energy i could have handled the 55lbs – my legs were on fire by the end of the 4 rounds – but i would have sacrificed a minute or two longer for the 10lbs of extra weight
my end time was 9:48 – next time i’m definitely hitting that RX.
part 2: 3 sets of dead hang pull-ups (for as many reps as you can do in a row each set)
i used the blue #4 and the red #2 and got 4 straight each set – then i practiced a little bit with the green and got 8 straight with that – by that point i was hungry and ready to go home for some breakfast
2/3 (by that i mean sweet potato AND pumpkin with eggs) ingredient pancake (pre almond butter) & coffee in a classy styrofoam cup - because that’s how roll here sometimes
yesterday afternoon i was lounging around the house – not really doing anything of any significance and i really had the urge to go back to my crossfit box and work on some lifts that need improvement (also known as everything)
there is open gym on saturdays from 4pm-6pm and there is a coach there to help out with anything that you would like to work on – this is also when the competition team practices
i had it in my head – i was going to go – i was going to go – i was going to go
but i ended up not
i would like to say that i had things to do and that’s why i didn’t go – but honestly i didn’t go because i was a weenie
crossfit insecurities kept me home!
1. nervous to go by myself – i thought i would look silly walking in on my own and not really having a direction – i kind of wish i had an open gym ‘buddy’ to go with me and work on things together
2. nervous to be there by myself while the competition team was practicing – i mean i’m sure those guys/girls are intense (and wouldn’t it be cool if one day i could be one of them!) but i’m nowhere near there yet – and i guess insecurities just kept me from feeling like i would look like a weak silly duck in front of all the high level people
3. being there by myself and sucking. (self explanatory there)
in the end it’s not really that serious and there are plenty of other saturdays & opportunities to go and by going i could probably ultimately meet a ‘box buddy’ but it’s always that first step outside of your comfort zone that you need to take – which is always the hardest!
anyways enough of that.
let’s move on
lucky me i have off on monday – which makes for a nice and long weekend and upcoming 4 day work week.
here’s what i’m planning on cooking this week
- paleo shepherds pie – i’ve been dying to try this and just took out ground beef to make it!
- quick & easy salmon patties – i’ve got a serious addiction to these lately
- tropical nutty baked chicken
- and i’m really dying to make these macaroon bites!
lots of recipes for leftovers – and i’m sure there will be random things here and there
i think today is a good day for a pedicure – don’t you?
love to love you <3
cawfee tawk! do you ever get stuck in a situation that you really want to do something but insecurities have stopped you? what was the last time/what did you do?