diet-to-go is a ‘weight loss’ meal delivery program – no calorie counting, no meal planning, all you have to do is choose from one of the three menus they offer – traditional, vegetarian, & low carb – once you choose one of these – you sign up and you’re food is at your door!
it is the most inexpensive fresh diet delivery on the market & it averages about $6.81 a meal
i LOVE cooking my meals – i’m actually pretty self-admitting to the fact that i’m obsessed with cooking my meals & it’s one of my favorite parts of the day – to come home, distress and make a nice dinner
i’m also a little/very weary of meal delivery programs – i’m not a fan of the high sodium content & i do believe that as busy as a person can be there is always time to make time to cook up or pick up some healthy options
but as weary as i am – i was still pretty intrigued by the meals and decided to give it a go
i choose the low-carb program
monday night a HUGE box was delivered to my front stoop – it was packed to the brim with 3 days worth of breakfast, lunch & dinner
every day the calorie content, macronutrients, etc were calculated for you by the way they designed each of your meals
each meal had the calorie content on the front of the package & varied based on meal timing, and days
it seemed to be that breakfast was the lowest in calories but highest in fat, lunch was mid-high in protein with significant fat levels & dinner was always whopping high in protein
i actually loved this part of the program – the fact that i really didn’t have to think about cooking, food, etc for a few days and it REALLY came in handy this past week because work was just so crazy that by the time i got home from work the last thing i wanted to do was slave over the stove
some of the meals included:
three cheese quiche with sausage links, peppers & onions. – this was by far my favorite breakfast. i ate it at the office around 8:15AM and was not hungry for lunch until close to 1PM! it left me satisfied & yet not overly full
plus it was delicious!
lots of eggs for breakfast – with bacon & cheese – which kept breakfast on the fatty side
scrambled eggs with ham & green beans
creole shrimp stew & string cheese
LOTS of seafood on my menu – chimichurra salmon with asparagus
wasabi catfish with pea puree
and some meat dishes thrown in here & there
prime rib with sauce & veggies, veal parmesan with veggies & parmesan baked chicken tenders with blue cheese
so now i bet you’re wondering what my thoughts on the program are?
- when i first opened the packages i thought they looked disgusting – like flat out gross – i was a LITTLE (okay very) deterred by this but i understood that most ‘pre-made’ meals like this that are a re-heat kind of style are going to look straight nasty
- they actually tasted REALLY good. like legit good. i was actually shocked with how tasty some of the meals were & when you heated them up and put them on a plate they ended up looking a lot better than the eyes would lead you to believe
- the ingredients weren’t always that fan friendly – if you are gluten free you would definitely have a problem because there was wheat in a lot of the ingredients, if you’re strict paleo – forget it because there’s dairy & soy in A LOT – there are funky ingredients in some of them that i don’t consume on a daily basis – my stomach did not always have the best reaction
- the breakfasts were by far my favorite – they made the eggs somehow taste like pure gold
- every meal was REALLY spicy – and pretty high in sodium. by the end of the day i couldn’t get my rings off – not good.
- they kept me satisfied all day! i never felt the desire to snack or eat outside of the meals (unless you count my nightly chocolate) but for the most part i ate them, moved on and didn’t think about food until it was about time to
- it was pretty nice to not have to worry about cooking for three days – i can’t believe i’m admitting this but if you’re a busy person with a jam packed schedule i would see why this could be a potential option for you – for a short while – i also think meal delivery programs are expensive & not sustainable forever
for me i was definitely glad i gave it a try – i would give diet-to-go (all things considered) an overall grade of a B – which i think is pretty good!
for more questions & answers visit their FAQ page
many thanks to fitfluential & diet-to-go for letting me give it a shot!
love to love you <3
would you ever do a meal delivery program? what are your thoughts on them?