i. love. meatballs.
i mean – 2 years ago i NEVER thought i would be writing a post about how much i adore meatballs.
but i do.
they’re just so meaty & delicious
and when you find/make a good meatball recipe – it can be life changing.
here’s my favorite go-to meatball recipe
i always use two packages of ground beef/turkey because i like to cook half & freeze half for later in the week or the next week – i fear not eating them all before they go bad – and i also fear not making enough because i’m a meat monster
julie’s fav meatballs
- 1 package lean/extra lean ground turkey
- 1 package lean/extra lean ground beef
- 1-2T tomato paste <—is squeeze tube tomato paste not the greatest thing ever?
- 1 GIANT roasted red pepper (diced) or you can use one yellow & one red
- 1-2 HEAPING tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- 1T dijon mustard
- 2T chopped fresh basil
- salt, pepper, paprika, dried italian seasonings
combine all of your ingredients in one GIANT bowl – get your hands dirty – it’s totally worth it
i use a 1/4 measuring scoop (usually a little more – i allow for it to overflow the scoop) and form round meatballs
bake at 425 for about 12-15 minutes
i heart eating my meatballs on roasted broccol/kalei & spaghetti squash with my favorite spicy marinara sauce
i’ve also been OBSESSED with tessemae’s wing sauce
like i put that shit on ev.er.y.THING.
hope you make these & enjoy them!
love to love you <3
do you love meatballs as much as me? what’s your fav way to eat meatballs? favorite recipe?